Saturday 5 May 2012

Vacations

I guess everyone needs a vacation every now and then huh? I cant say Im not a fan, but the vacation aroma doesnt really last long after I smells one. The taste dies off pretty fast, but it might be the reason I look forward for another in the future.
As I mentioned in the past, I tend to overplan and overschedule things. It might get you covering 'important' venues or attractions, but you can really miss out on the spontaneous part of a vacation. BUT without proper planning, you will miss some of the best things that particular place can offer you. BUT and BUT, I guess you can always relive the vacation again, if you really like it, and explore the unexplored part!! That will be the best way of vacationing. Alas, not everyone will have the time, or $$$ to live the best vacationing way huh?

I was thinking about vacations because everyone seems to be on, or has been or will be going to a vacation lately, in my circle at least. It gets me to think of my next vacation - Macao/HK in June. It has been scheduled down to the minutes and HKD which I dont think will run very far from the plan. For a vibrant city which has so much to offer, I guess its best to choose and select the preferred destinations and to-dos for us, me n the gf, instead of getting lost and dunno where to go. I am not sure we will repeat this route anyway.

This also gets me thinking about my previous vacations. And surprise surprise. I lost my Japan trip photos!!!!! WTFF!!!! And I didnt record down the details of my remaining days there!!! Oh no!!! I think its time for me to visit my trusted travel partner at that time, for backup of those photos - my mum. Im sure she has all of them....somewhere. Then I will finish up the stories where I left them.
And there is also the UK trip. Damn....I will have to finish them up too.
A total waste if I would let them die with my brain cells.

Ah, I remembered an incident when someone actually invaded my privacy by posting my FB photos to a public forum in an attempt to humiliate me. You know, keyboard warriors losing keyboard fights, thinking the keyboard winner has an ugly face as the keyboard loser scenario? So the keyboard loser thought by posting my photos in that particular forum, people will just flame me - "OMFG, so ugly", or "mah eye!!!! mah eyes!!!" kinda remarks. To his frustration though, and to my surprise, ppl were actually impressed with my photos. Hmm.....not bad ahBan....not bad....a pat to myself. One of the comment stuck in my mind too - "well traveled man". Heh, along with other not bad remarks too. Heh. *smirk*

But then again, what I really wish for, I mean my dream vacation, doesnt really involves too much of $$, or flying for that matter.
I enjoy a good timeout, with my buddies and friends, hanging out together on a common destination. Penang, Pangkor, Melaka, Pahang, you name it, Im there.
I am still very very very looking forward to drive round the peninsular Malaysia. Still looking for the kaki, and also the time.

Till the next update on my UK trip, and the missing Japan photos.... tata

No comments:

Post a Comment