Thursday 10 May 2012

UK with Yong Fei - Oxford

1st of all.....woah...wtf, it was 2008? Cant believe it is overdue for so so very long. It was some sort of impromptu trip as London was my stopover airport before going back to Malaysia, from Trinidad and Tobago (my workplace at that time). Yong Fei was my schoolmate back in VI. He was doing his law in University of Oxford, so I took the chance for free accommodation during that trip. And also a free tour guide!!! Heh, Thanks a bunch bro.

Naturally, my first stop was in Oxford. I took a bus from the airport to this place - my first stop in Oxford.

Nice weather heh? I thought summer will be the best season to fit in my plans - longer daylights, means more time to travel around. From here, I made my way to his hostel, a walking distance. I am not sure if I should post his room photo here, but since its so long ago, and he is taken anyway; I dont think it will do him a lot of harm..heh
It is small but very adequate in space. You even have your own toilet here. There is a common kitchen which we didnt really utilise. We only cooked a few meals as I wanted to try out local flavours. I slept on the floor with a mattress which is comfortable for me. I just hope I didnt really disturb him too much during my stay. I had a tour around the campus and was very impressed with the environment there. It was very relaxing and filled with activities, which can be very bad on your studies if you get to comfortable with it. I know I will be led astray. I will be too busy exploring and enjoying rather than keeping up with the academic competition here.

Almost every campus/schools have nice gardens, feels so...refreshing


The library I went to is quite small, but I'm not sure about the others.


I took a walk outside the campuses too, but this place is full of students, like some sort of University town, if you get what I mean. It is just like those ulu small town near ulu colleges/universities in Malaysia, but much bigger and livelier.
I even had a shot of a gondala here.


See how relaxed the students here are? Sitting n gathering by the riverbank.



The next day, we took a train to Stratford-upon-Avon.

Day 2 with Yong Fei




No comments:

Post a Comment