Thursday 9 April 2009

Pentium i7 920 OC


Got the beauty last Sunday. Couldn't wait for PC fair. I doubt PC fair will have prices cheaper than what I got anyway.
This beauty behaves like a beast. The OC-frenliness is epic. Too bad I got the wrong motherboard for it. Not wrong, just very limited in terms of complimenting the OC-ness of i7 920.

It's lucky that I requested the D0 revision batch. The supplier didnt know there's a difference at first. So I specifically told him to get the D0 version. He gained too from the D0 stock as they are like hot cakes. Grabbed within the day. Sweat.
Other suppliers who knew of the revision didnt take many stocks as its unreviewed, and too new.

The picture above is the OC test I did, which didnt fail after an hour; despite the bad airflow in that area of the house.
I am not comfortable with the load temp though. And the RAM too.
I think I will balance the both speeds to optimise the performance.

I think I will go for 3.8Ghz instead of 4.1Ghz. It can get lower in temp.
And will go for 8-8-8-24-1T instead of 9-9-9-24-2T. Will test the responsiveness.

No comments:

Post a Comment